For the first time ever LA DanceMagic & Act 1 Talent will join together for the competition event of the year! We have been working and waiting for the moment we could safely return our kids to the stage, and THAT MOMENT IS NOW! You have supported us as we’ve navigated through these tough times, and now we’re excited to be able to support you and your families!
CELEBRATE YOUR 2020 SEASON WITH US!
September 18-20 in San Gabriel, CA.
Our gift to you:
- FREE VIRTUAL CLASSES WITH LADM FACULTY MEMBERS!
- FREE PHOTOS & VIDEOS!
- FREE LIVESTREAM!
Your safety is our first priority. Very organized and simple guidelines will be followed to ensure the well-being of all. This event will be a team effort on everyone’s part. As LA DanceMagic & Act 1 Talent are in this together, so are we all.
Can’t join us in person? Join us VIRTUALLY! LADM ACT 1 LIVE will be hosting a virtual competition for dancers unable to attend. Below you will find more information on our virtual event.
LADM ACT 1 LIVE
San Gabriel Mission Playhouse
320 South Mission Drive
San Gabriel, CA 91776
All studios must register through the Act 1 Talent registration system. Space will be limited, reserve your spot today. To create an account, to register, or for pricing please visit: https://reg.act1talent.com/
LADM ACT 1 LIVE will be following the rules, age divisions, competition levels, categories and other guidelines set forth by Act 1 Talent. For more info please visit: https://www.act1talent.com/rules-regulations/
Any studio registering a small group or larger will receive free virtual classes. Classes will be by age and scheduled the week prior to the event.
All entries will receive scores and commentary from the LADM ACT 1 LIVE panel of judges. Scores and commentary will be available in your studio account following the event. The following awards will be awarded at the LADM ACT 1 LIVE event:
- Medal placements: pins will be available for pickup at the event
- Overall Awards: plaques will be mailed.
- Elite Award: plaques will be mailed.
- Entertainment Award: plaques will be mailed.
- Choreography Award: plaques will be mailed.
- Weekend High Point Award (Preview / First Act / Second Act): plaques will be mailed.
- Each studio will be given their own performance time block.
- All performances will be LIVESTREAMED.
- Individual awards will be given immediately following your studio’s time block.
- Overall awards will take place virtually.
- Group sizes will be limited to a maximum of 30 dancers.
- Props will be allowed. Dancers must be able to carry all of their props on and off. Large props will not be allowed at this event.
- Costumes will be optional, routines will not be scored on their costume.
- Music for the LADM ACT 1 Live event will be contactless. All music must be uploaded through the ACT 1 registration system no later than 9/10/2020.
For a complete list of venue guidelines and safety procedures email email@example.com
Can’t join us in person? Join us virtually! Studios may now register for the LADM ACT 1 VIRTUAL event.
All studios must register through the Act 1 Talent registration system. To create an account, to register and for pricing please visit: https://reg.act1talent.com/
LADM ACT 1 VIRTUAL will be following the rules, age divisions, competition levels, categories and other guidelines set forth by Act 1 Talent. For a complete list of rules and regulations visit: https://www.act1talent.com/rules-regulations/
- All virtual entries will adhere to all ACT 1 TALENT rules and guidelines.
- Studios may enter solos, duos/trios, small groups, large groups, super groups & productions into the virtual competition. LADM ACT 1 VIRTUAL entries will not be eligible for special awards (costume / entertainment / choreography), artist of the weekend or cash prizes. All entries will be eligible for medal placements and overall awards.
- You may submit video footage from another event, studio or home footage, rectial, showcase, rehearsal or any performance where you collected video footage of your routines. Professional and non-professional footage is accepted.
- Independent entries accepted.
- Studios registered with 10+ virtual entries will also be eligible to participate in the LADM ACT 1 Live free virtual classes.
- Virtual entries will only compete against virtual entries.
HOW TO ENTER:
Once registrations are submitted and received, studios will receive a link to upload their routines. Routines must be uploaded no later than 9/7/2020 at 12:00PM PST. All routines will be streamed live for dancers and their families to view. Studios will be given a block of time, during which you can view all of your routines. A virtual viewing schedule will be released one week prior to the event. Awards will be held virtually, all award times will be listed on your schedule.
All registered routines will receive scores from the LADM ACT 1 VIRTUAL panel of judges. Scores will be available in your studio account following the event. The following awards will be awarded during our virtual event:
- Individual medal placements
- Overall awards
All registered performers will receive a participation pin, overall winners will receive an award plaque in the mail.
For more information and questions email firstname.lastname@example.org